A Practical Approach to Stress Management and Self Care for Caregivers, Healers and Helpers
Being a caregiver is both highly rewarding and highly stressful. As a caregiver, much of your energy is focused on taking care of others – often at the expense of your own health and well being. Having so much demand and need from those you take care of, learning to balance self care and caring for others is challenging at best and, sometimes seemingly impossible. When you do not make time to care for yourself, however, you quickly lose your ability to be effective as a caregiver. In our new class, Compassion’s Healer, we are going to help you navigate through the tenuous balancing act that comes with being a caregiver.
The stress of being a caregiver can lead to caregiver fatigue and burnout, as well as other health risks.
Signals of caregiver fatigue:
- Emotional, Mental and/or Physical Exhaustion
- Withdrawal from family and friends
- Anxiety and/or Depression
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Changes in appetite and/or weight
- Difficulty concentrating
- Excess alcohol consumption or use of sleep medications
- Resentment and/or anger towards person/persons you care for
- Getting sick more often
- Sense of helplessness or hopelessness
- Difficulty relaxing ~ hyper-vigilance
This class is designed for all forms of caregivers ~ whether you are in a “helping profession” such as nursing, mental health, teaching or healing, or you are caring for loved ones.
The emotional, physical and mental stress that comes with care-giving is often intense and your needs often fall to the wayside. In order for you to provide the best care for others, it is essential that you make time to give yourself the care that you need. It’s not always easy, but it is necessary.
In this class, you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding about the impact that care-giving has on your health and well-being
- Explore tools and practices that support you to be at your best when caring for others
- Overcome obstacles preventing you from implementing effective self care routines and practices
- Develop a practical personalized self care plan that is manageable
Join us for an online training webinar on September 29th at 7:30 pm.
$35 per person