Solar Plexus Chakra Balancing
How to Balance Your Solar Plexus Chakra
By Linda Dieffenbach
March 18, 2017
The Solar Plexus Chakra (Third Chakra) is located about 1½ to 2 inches below the base of the sternum. This chakra is your center of self. Through this chakra, you come into awareness of self as an individuated being.
Properties of the Solar Plexus Chakra
Solar Plexus Chakra Physical Influences
The Solar Plexus influences the liver, stomach, gall bladder, spleen, small intestine, pancreas, kidneys, and the lumbar vertebrae.
Solar Plexus Chakra Consciousness Influences
This is the place where you recognize and connect with self. The mantra of the Solar Plexus could be “I am a Self”. In this place, you hold self-recognition, esteem, acceptance and acknowledgement. The Solar Plexus Chakra expresses your ability (or inability) to recognize, support and advocate your needs. The health of your Solar Plexus Chakra determines your ability to fully engage in and find enjoyment in life, as well as your sense of self-worth and personal pride. It also determines your ability to accurately represent yourself to others and hold a healthy self-interest.
Is Your Solar Plexus Chakra in Balance?
Your chakras are rich, deep, complex and many layered energy systems that hold the history of your life experience. They are constantly interacting with and impacted by the world around you. As you go through life, each experience affects your energy and health. A healthy chakra processes and digests these experiences, enabling healthy growth. Experiences, such as conflicts or traumatic events that are not processed and digested lead to imbalances (i.e. become over or under active), blockages, damage and dysfunction in the affected chakra(s).
Chronic stress, trauma, conflict and unaddressed issues create chakra imbalances that lead to significant physical, emotional and mental health problems. Self-care is therefore of the utmost importance.
Here are some things to look for to determine if your Solar Plexus Chakra is healthy and in balance:
- Healthy digestive system
- Balanced and healthy metabolism
- Healthy self-esteem
- Comfortable in social situations, no extreme intro or extroversion
- Easily takes charge
- Advocates for personal needs
- Supports own emotional needs
- Finds joy in life
- Relaxes with ease
- Not afraid to shine
- Productive (with balance – not a workaholic)
- Cooperative and flexible
Signs of Imbalance in the Solar Plexus Chakra:
- Digestive issues
- Liver, gall bladder and/or kidney related illnesses
- Anxiety and chronic stress
- Diabetes and related health issues
- Low self-esteem
- Lack of confidence
- Fear of self-expression
- Fear of rejection
- Inability to recognize, support or advocate for self – No self-identity – being who others want them to be
- Disconnection from needs/wants
- Lack of respect for self and others
- Judgmental of self and others
- Apathy or fanatical tendencies
Tips and Tools for Balancing Your Solar Plexus Chakra
Trauma, unresolved conflicts, karmic and past life circumstances, belief systems and/or chronic behavioral patterns cause imbalances, blockages, and/or damage in the chakras. When imbalances in the chakra system are unresolved, over time the blockage of energy flow manifests as illness, dis-ease or disorder. When the physical body is under continued stress, the chakras will not work properly. The key to healing is to address the root cause of the disorder, not just the symptoms. If you are struggling in some area, it is important to find a qualified counselor, coach or healer to support you in your healing process. Various forms of energy healing such as Reiki, Acupressure and Chakra Clearing can help relax, rebalance and open the chakras during a session. In doing so, it creates the opportunity for the chakra to repair itself, stimulating the healing process.
Here are some self-care tips and tools you can use to strengthen your Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Engage in personal development activities
- Exercise – especially core strengthening
- Honor and be present with your emotions
- Explore your personal interests, needs and wants – learn what you enjoy and desire in life
- Advocate for your needs and wants
- Try new things
- Listen to your gut level intuition
- Take on a leadership role
- Cultivate a healthy self-esteem
- Make choices based on your needs and desires
- Practice public speaking (even if it is just in the mirror to start)
- Engage in activities that you find enjoyable
- Release fear
- Receive regular body and/or energy work
- Actively practice stress management
A general note about Chakra Health
You are constantly interacting with and responding to the world around you. So are your chakras. Practices that help clear and rebalance the chakras are never a “once and done” activity. Just as you would not expect your body to remain clean forever after one shower, your chakras are not going stay clear forever after one meditation or one Reiki session. On-going energetic self-care plays is essential for overall chakra health and well-being. In areas where there is imbalance or damage to one or more chakras, more intensive treatment may be warranted until healing is complete.
About Linda Dieffenbach:
Linda has over 15 years experience as an energy healer, coach and personal development expert. She specializes in empowering you to overcome the patterns and habits that are keeping you feeling stuck and overwhelmed with your life. Her areas of training and expertise include personal empowerment, self-care skills, stress management, healthy relationships, effective communication, suicide prevention, and trauma. To learn more about Linda, click here. Interested in working with Linda? Click here.